Challenge Wins

My Crafty Friends

Wednesday 13 March 2013

Let's Get Sentimental

Hi everyone!

Phew, what a hectic week it has been! Last Saturday, we celebrated my parents' 50th wedding anniversary and I decided to make a memory book for then with memories and photos from the guests that were invited. Man, did I underestimate the amount of work! Towards the end, I was completely spent and still needed to do a couple of pages! Suffice to say I was close to chucking the whole lot in the bin, but thankfully I somehow managed to complete the book AND write a little speech. It all went without a hitch and my parents loved the book and the speech. Mission accomplished :)

However, I am glad to go back to my own crafty projects, starting today with the new Fab 'n Funky Challenge. It's an easy one this week: "Add a Sentiment". As usual, any project or style will do, link up your creative projects and join the challenge! Our sponsor this week is Digi Darla, who generously donated several images for the DT to work with. I picked Butterfly Wonder, such a cute image and perfect for those Spring cards!

 


Materials:
* Digi Darla Butterfly Wonder digi, coloured with Promarkers & Spectrum Noirs
* Echo Park For the Record DPs
* Tumbled Glass Distress Ink
* My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow Decoupage Flowers
* DCWV Green Stack Chipboard
* Sakura Glitter Pen
* Eline's Vintage Sentiment Stamp & Art Talent Flower background stamp
* Wooden butterflies from local store (Xenos)
* Memories Direct Flower
* Rounded corner punch & scalloped border punch
* Pearls from stash

Challenges:
* Happy Campers (Flutterby Butterfly)
* Color Me Creative (Anything Goes, optional bugs, butterflies or reptiles)
* AnMa Creatief (Butterflies)
* My Heart Pieces (Use your 3 favourite things) Pearls, Butterflies, Designer Paper
* Heck of a Challenge (Spring/Butterflies & Pearls)
* LEJ (Things with Wings)
* ABC Challenge (In the Air) Butterflies & Bird
* Cute Card Thursday (Spring Fever)
* Always Something Creative (Spring & Green)
* Ruby's Rainbow (Spring Colours of Yellow & Green)

17 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous, I love the sweet image and beautiful papers.
    Well done to your completing the memory book for your parents Anniversary, I bet they were thrilled to receive such a special gift and it is sure to be treasured.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, cheery card Ciska. Hats off to you for completing the memory book in a short period of time. I'm working on one that's taking me forever! My card making keeps getting in the way:) Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prachtig kaartje heb je gemaakt. Gezellig dat je meedoet aan onze challenge bij Anmacreatief. Groetjes, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous hun....and great colours too...:o)

    biggest of hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card! Thanks for joining us at CMC.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Ciska, so sweet.
    What a lovely idea to make your parents the memory book, bet they really appreciated it.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. a very lovely card!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card. Love the bright colors. Thank you for playng along at ABC Challenges. XX Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card, love the bright colour contrast, thanks for joining in at LEJ, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  10. great colours Ciska she is adorable.

    Hugs Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh this is cute and i love those spring colours
    Thanks for joining us at Heck of a challege this month
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these bright colours and the dp is so pretty hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. ps forgot to say - well done on the memory book - I did one for my mother in laws 80th birthday - it nearly took over my life!! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card

    Thankyou for joining us at Rubys Rainbow for our Green and Yellow challenge

    Hope to see you again soon

    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really sweet, Ciska. Such a lovely image and you've done a great job with the vintage feel.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute little card and I love that you decorated the inside too!
    thanks for sharing it with us at Heck of a challenge this month and good luck in the draw
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wat een mooi kaartje heb je gemaakt!
    Bedankt voor het meedoen met de AnMaCreatief maart-challenge...
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete