Challenge Wins

My Crafty Friends

Thursday 24 January 2013

You're Not Forgotten

Hello all!

This week's challenge theme @ Delightful Challenges is "THINKING OF YOU". I've used this theme is a fairly general way, but perhaps you would like to interpret it as a condolescense card, a card to cheer someone up or something else altogether. Either way, we'd love to see it!  I thought to try my hand at a different shape card. I don't own a die cut machine, so used my old school pair of compasses to trace the circle and cut it out by hand. I suppose it's not exactly round because of it, but I still like it. I love the idea of a die cut machine, but it seems like there's so much investment involved, with all the plates you need and of course the dies and embossing folders. But who knows, I might still buy one one day :)




Materials:
* Delightful Challenges Dilly Duck & Thinking of You Today sentiment digis, coloured with Promarkers & Spectrum Noirs
* Echo Park A Walk in the Park DPs
* Peacock Feathers & Vintage Photo Distress Ink
* Flower, pearl & ribbon from my stash

Challenges:
* One Crazy Stamper (Anything Goes)
* Emma's Crafty Challenge (Animals)
* Whoopsi Daisy (Use a Digi)
* My Heart Pieces (Thinking of You)
* Robin's Fetish (Round Cards)
* Deep Ocean (Anything but Square)
* Kaboodle Doodles (Ribbon)
* Papertake Weekly (Add a Bow)
* Inky Chicks (Bingo) I've used Ribbon, Sentiment, Flowers
* Clear it Out (Circles + Anything Goes) I'm using up my ribbon and the little paper flowers, of which this is the last one (how satisfying is that?)

20 comments:

  1. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Ribbons” Challenge!

    Kath - Admin
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Ciska, such a sweet image and lovely sentiment which is perfect for many an occasion.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week, good luck.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ciska!
    This is sooooo Sweet! I do love the shape! Fabulous card!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ciska, thank you for your lovely words on my blog, I am now a follower of yours!! Love your sweet card above, can't believe you cut the circle by hand!! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cute card, really like that little duck. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week.

    Laurence DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card. Love the colours. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH that is so so adorable, Ciska honey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really sweet card. I love the duck and colours.Thanks for joining in at Emma's Crafty Challenge and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just adorable.

    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh lol.. how cute is that duck.. and i just love the circular design
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this cute little duck Ciska - have to say these are fab hand cut circles - look pretty circular to me!! hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ciska, what a sweet card, love that wee duck hun, thank you for playing along with us at Emma's Crafty Challenge this month, good luck xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely card Ciska, love the cute duck. Thank you for joining us this week at Whoopsi Daisy. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this, so cute & fun.

    Thank you for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wat een schattig ducky Ciska! leuk ook, die ronde vorm! Bedankt voor je reactie op m'n blog, groetjes, Ira
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is one cute duck amd I love the shape used too. Thanks for playing at
    Whoopsi Daisy and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a lovely card Ciska, he's such a cute little duck and I think your circle cutting is fab - so much better than mine.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a cute one, thanks for joining us at OCS.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww so cute Ciska

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable little duck and awesome card. Well done with the cutting I think it looks perfect. Thanks for joining us at Cleaer it Out for the circles challenge.

    ReplyDelete