Challenge Wins

My Crafty Friends

Wednesday 30 January 2013

It's All About You....eh.....Shoe!

Good morning everyone!

Wednesday signals another Fab 'n Funky Challenge and I absolutely love this week's theme, dreamed up by my DT buddy Rachel: "Include some kind of shoe on your project"! I certainly needed to put my thinking cap on for this one, but I love the whole process of going through my stash and coming up with some ideas as I go.

I fancied using up some of my enormous stash for this card and ended up deciding on some decoupage. I've tried to create a little scene of the flip flop with a pebble beach and sea, but am not sure I've completely pulled it off. Oh well, never mind, I still like the card :) Have a look on the challenge blog to see what all my teamies have done with the theme, I can guarantee you that there is a wide variety of interpretations and projects!




Materials:
* DL card
* DCWV The Photo Stack 2 DPs
* Studio Light images and sentiment
* Gems, brad & ribbon from stash

Challenges:
* Forever Friends (Birthdays)
* Challenges 4 Everybody (Anything Goes)
* Love to Create (Anything Goes with a Sentiment)
* Craft Your Passion (Colour Combo)
* Shelly's Images (1-2-3)
* Bunny Zoe (Anything Goes)
* Crafts 4 Eternity (TicTacToe) I've used circle (sentiment), ribbon, birthday
* Dutch Card Lovers (Use at least 5 colours from the inspiration sheet) My card has colours such as Tender Shoots, Monaco Blue, Poppy Red, Lemon Zest and Dusk Blue
* Robin's Fetish (Use Some Brads and Ribbon)
* Forever Friends (Use Ribbon or Lace)

21 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Ciska. I love the design and gorgeous colours
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Ciska - now I wanna be on a beach with the hot sun on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the concept of your card. It is very summery. The colors are well chosen.
    Thank you for joining us for the challenge tic tac toe on Craft 4 Eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Ciska...oh how I would like to be wearing flip flops instead of winter boots. Love the pic of them all hanging on the line and the pebble beach is perfect. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card! Thanks for joining our birthday challenge at Forever Friends this month.
    X - Natalie - X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love crafty creations like this Ciska - so original and obviously well thought out - it makes me think summer thoughts! - and I just need some summer to go with it!! hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous card Ciska, I love your beach scene with the pebbles and the sea - what a great idea.
    Thank you for joining us at Forever Friends this month.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This a lovely card. Something totally different but great.
    Thanks for joining us at CYP.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card!! Makes me want to go to the beach and get away from all the cold weather we are having!! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!!
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, I love the bright summery theme.

    Thanks for joining our Fortnightly Challenge at Forever Friends Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again soon.

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card hun,so nice and bright which is lovely to see. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends this month. Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card, Ciska. So original and the pebble and water papers are just a perfect backing. Your images are so summery and what a great inside too.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea Ciska, I think your scene works really well !! The flip flop is fab !! Thanks for playing at Robyn's Fetish this week !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. very original and fun card! thanks for joining the DCL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wat een leuke originele kaart
    bedankt voor je deelname aan dcl
    gr miriam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! Loving the shape of it, and that pebble paper!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Je bent al helemaal in de zomerse sferen met je flipflops! Leuk gedaan! Dank je voor het meedoen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lekker zomers kaartje. Bedankt voor je deelname aan DCL.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So clever, love the rocks on the inside. Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. Good Luck!
    Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wat leuk. Leuk dat je meedoet bij Shelly's Images.
    Groetjes Miranda

    ReplyDelete