Challenge Wins

My Crafty Friends

Thursday 21 February 2013

A Sketchy Post

Good morning everyone!

Almost weekend, can't wait :) If you were worried about my post title, no need, I'm not involved in any dodgy business but just referring to the Delightful Challenge theme this week, asking you to use the SKETCH provided to inspire your crafty projects. Those of you who've been to this blog before know how I feel about sketches and again I had trouble to keep adhering to the sketch. I have no idea why it is so hard for me to do, but sketches are always the most difficult theme for me. Anyway, I did manage to make a card, but I also managed to give my own spin to it:

 


Materials:
* Digital Delights Mr Gnome & Christmas Sentiment Set, Coloured with Promarkers & Spectrum Noirs
* Studio Light DP & assorted scraps
* Crafters Companion Scoring Board to create the scalloped edge
* Wooden butterflies from local store (Xenos)
* Ribbon, peeloffs from stash

If you enjoy using sketches or if you are sketch-impaired like me but still enjoy a challenge, come and share your work with us!

Our sponsor this week?

Prize:$20 store gift card

Challenges:
* Allsorts (Things with Wings) Butterflies
* Created with Love (Things that Fly) Butterflies
* Forever Friends (Animals,Butterflies or Birds) Butterflies
* Creatieve Zebra (No Flowers)
* My Grafico (Anything Goes)
* Paper Makeup Stamps (Anything Goes)
* Paper Minutes (Faces)
* Challenges 4 Everybody (Anything Goes)
* The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop (Anything Goes)
* Cards in Envy (Polka Dots and/or Stripes)

18 comments:

  1. I think your take on the sketch is great Ciska, crafting is all about us giving our own spin to an idea.

    It's great to see you at Allsorts and Pretty Little Ribbons Challenge, thanks so much joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ciska. This is so cute, and beautifully co-ordinated. Love the colours, and your cute butterflies.
    Thanks for sharing at Created with Love.
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute card, great colours & fab take on the sketch!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the muted tones, it adds such a classy touch to the traditional Christmas colors. TFS at Cards in Envy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great colors for a winter card - your little guy is so adorable. thanks for joining Cards in Envy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ciska!
    This is just darling! Outstanding coloring! Love the embellis and the inside too! Awesome!
    Hugs♥
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable image. Love the butterflies. Thanks for joining our Things that Fly challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah this is so sweet, what a great card, Love the Gnome, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is so darn cute, Ciska! Love the way you've framed him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card makes me smile. I love the gnome and your color combinations are wonderful. Great card!!
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so adorable! I love your coloring and your take on the sketch!
    Be Blessed!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card Ciska, love the image and colours. Thank you so much for joining us again at Allsorts for our Things with Wings challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card and image, Thanks for Playing Allsorts!
    hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute gnome. I love the colors you used! I'm so glad you took part in our challenge at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute love that image. Thanks for playing along with us at Created with Love Challenges.
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So Cute! Love the image. Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges
    Lisa O

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet and funny card!
    Thanks you for joining us at the creatieve zebra!
    Groetjes Jacomijn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your gnome is colored perfectly. I love all the details that you included, the wooden butterflies, the scalloped edges, and the lovely stripped background paper. I struggle with sketches too for some reason, so I feel your pain :-). Great job on your card. Thank you so much for joining us at Cards in Envy. Hope you join us again on our upcoming challenges.

    ReplyDelete