Good morning all!
Woohoo, almost weekend! Are you all off on Monday like me? A lovely long weekend. Today we are having a teambuilding day from work, I usually don't like that kind of thing, except for the dinner and drinks after ;) Oh well, let's see what they have in store for us this year.
Ok, enough jibber jabber, on to my card. This time, the Card Makin' Mamas Challenge is to
"MAKE A CARD WITH OR FOR A CHILD"
Now, we don't have any children as well as no children to speak of in the family (at least not one that knows who I am LOL), so I decided to be a bit cheeky and make a card for my hubby. Well, he can be a big child sometimes ;) This time we are being sponsored by 2 Cute Rubber Stamps, and yes, the name really says it all. We were generously given several digis to work with, the winner will be walking away with 2 rubber stamps or 3 digi stamps, is that a good prize or what? They also have a couple of freebies on their website, so if you like the images that we have been working with you might want to check that out too.
Here is my card, I've used "To the Moon"
I know, what's up with the space theme again, can't I make any other cards? Well, no, I guess I can't ;)
* 2 Cute 'To the Moon', coloured with Promarkers
* Crafters Companion cream cardstock (leftovers from my wedding invitations)
* DP from the Natural Stack, DCVW
* Sentiments, aliens, robot border and robot inside from Papercraft Inspirations (Freebies)
* Black glitter on the image, letters inside, starry brad, orange mirror board behind the main image and orange ribbon (which is horribly skewed inside, but I had stuck it on already and couldn't get if off, story of my crafty life) from my stash
Do you have the same thing, that half of the stuff you own you have no idea where it came from, who bought it and what you were thinking when you thought 'that might come in handy'? Huh, only me then ;) I never thought I was going to use up those letters, but they actually look pretty cool on this card. I am thinking about using it for my dad's father's day card too, which I will probably be showing you in the weekend.
Challenges to submit to:
* Bearly-Mine (Anything Goes)
* DYSU (Birthday)
* Fussy & Fancy (Card for a Man or Boy)
* Incy Wincy (Tic-Tac-Toe, I've used a brad, ribbon and a green sentiment)
* Lady Bug (Male Theme)
* Ooh La La (Birthday)
* Paper Sundaes (Let's Get Sentimental)
* Paper Shelter (Celebrations)
* Sentimental Sundays (Inspired by song: Fly me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra)
* Fab 'n Funky (Magnificent Men)
Well, what do you think? I would love to hear your feedback, also on how I can get a more even cover with my Promarkers, to me it still looks a bit blotchy (especially on the rocket). Have a great weekend and I'll see you a little later! Thanks for stopping by :)
PS My hubby gave me these gorgeous crafty papers for our anniversary, aren't they beautiful?
The big pad has flocked papers, so beautiful, nice to stroke as well :)