Challenge Wins

My Crafty Friends

Thursday 13 September 2012

Thanksgiving gift card

Hi everyone!

At PCD, we are already getting in the Thanksgiving mood with the new release this month. The set consists of a pilgrim boy and girl as well as the cute little turkey I've used for my make today. Have a look on the blog to see the set and more lovely examples from my fellow teamies!

I decided on a gift card I guess you could use for just about any gift. I wanted to use some leaves on the card and found some chipboard ones in my stash, but they were bright blue and pink and therefore not really that suitable. However, I just covered them with some orange & red scraps I still had, making them fit the theme perfectly. I then used Distress Ink and glossy varnish to give them some interest. Leaves aren't perfect after all :)




Materials:
* Platypus Creek Digi Thanksgiving Turkey, coloured with Spectrum Noirs
* Sakura Clear Glitter Pen on the turkey feathers and body
* Chipboard leaves + scraps
* Distress Ink Vintage Photo
* Clear Varnish
* Personal Impressions Sentiment stamp
* Ribbon from stash

Challenges:
* Scrapalicious USA (Welcoming Fall)
* Raise the Bar (Celebrate Fall)
* 2 Sisters (Fall)
* The Crafty Pad (It's Scraptastic)
* Polka Doodles (What's the Word Bird?)
* Creative Belli (Autumn)
* Clearly I Stamp (Leaves)
* Just Keep On Crafting (Anything Goes)
* Tammy's Scrapping Corner (Fall Inspiration)
* Gingerloft (Birds of a Feather)

8 comments:

  1. Fab gift card, I love the rich colours you have used.
    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colouring Ciska. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Thank you so much for joining in on our challenge this week at Raise The Bar!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Super cute image and fab colour. Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab gift catd great image thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous colours and great image used on this cute card . thank you for joining us over at The Crafty Pad this week . Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. nicely done! like the added ribbon to the card.
    Thanks for playing with us at Clearly Inspired Challenge #59. Hope you will stop by and check out our new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a cool card, I love the main image.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete