Good morning everyone!
I'd thought I'd share with you a little tip I've recently discovered trying to make a mini album without any real specialist equipment. Bear with me, I have never done this before and I unfortunately forgot to take any pictures of all the differences stages. If there's any detail that you've missed or I haven't explained enough in detail, drop me a line and I will try and fix it for you!
If you're like me, you have plenty of paper lying around,so.........
* Try and find a 12x12 scrapbook page paper with a design that you really like and one 12x12 plain page.
* Fold both pages in half.
* Fold them both in half again so you have a roughly square shape. Make sure you make you scores really sharp!
* Fold both pages all the way open again
* Take your patterned page and put glue on the back of one half of the page, then fold over the other half of the page to glue together. You now have a page half the original height with your desired design on both sides.
* Take your plain page and cut a little strip off the side of the paper. Then do the same to your plain page as you did with your patterned paper, or cut the page in half (you will then have more pages inside the album, 8 instead of 4).
<The reason I folded both papers double is so the album was quite a lot more sturdy than just plain paper>
* Sit your plain folded paper inside the patterned paper and you see your album coming together!
* Take some twine or ribbon and thread it through a large needle, I used one that my mum used to use to repair our socks :) Use the needle to make two holes in the fold of the plain paper and the patterned paper, this will hold your little album together.
* Thread the ribbon or twine through the holes starting on the outside of the album, so that when you've threaded the twine/ribbon through both holes, you can tie the ends together on the outside of the album.
* You can fasten the other side any which way you like, I have used a regular office punch and am going to thread ribbon through it so it will stay nice and compact. You can of course also leave it as is.
Your basic mini album is now ready and you can start decorating both inside and outside! Here's my attempt:
I decorated the inside with pictures of my parents throughout the year, starting with their wedding picture and finishing with a picture taken last Christmas. I've already given the album and they really loved it :)
* Me & My Big ideas Fashion District 12x12 paper and some plain 12x12 cardstock from my stash
* Hunkydory Classic Cameo oval cut out and cameo couple
* Inkssentials Crackle accents on the couple
* Making Memories Vintage Findings Trims Cool
* Holographic dots on the flower centres on the outside of the album
* 4 Crafty Chicks (Anything but a Card)
* Papercrafting Journey (Anything Goes)
* I Brake for Challenges (Love)
* Amusing Challenges (Use a Die-Cut)
* That Craft Place (Anything Goes)
* Catch the Bug (Anything Goes)
* Little Claire's (Romance)
* Stamp, Scrap & Doodle (Use Your Stash)
* Crafty Creations (Vintage Fashion)
* Little Red Wagon (Vintage Item)
Hope you liked my little idea, I'll be back tomorrow with my Friendship's Garden project, see you then :)