This is my last week at work before Christmas, can you believe it? There's so much I still need to do before the holidays, it can't be around the corner just yet! Oh well, I suppose time doesn't wait for any (wo)man.....
That also means there is a new challenge over @ Ooh La La and this time I'm the host! Our theme this week is "USE A DOILY DIFFERENTLY".
Doilies are really popular in the crafting world right now and I can definitely see why; they really add a little something extra to a project, especially vintage-style projects. Of course you can use them as is, but I want to challenge you to think outside the box a little bit and alter your doily. Cut it, stamp it, colour it, emboss it, fold it, do whatever you feel, as long as you don't use the doily straight out of the packet! The DT girls have incorporated fantastic ideas in their project to share with and inspire you.
Here's mine, I've used a doily to create a border:
* Ooh La La Pretty as a Picture image and DP from the Passion for Fashion CD
* Kars Wedding DP
* Dovecraft Cupcake Boutique Paper Lace Doilies
* MS Doily Lace edge punch
* Memories Direct Flowers
* Vine peeloffs from local store (Xenos)
* Anna Griffin Letters and Border stamp set
* Victorian Velvet Distress Ink
* Brad and gems from stash
I'm curious to see where your creativity will lead you :)
* Crafty Creations (Anything but Christmas)
* Creative Moments (Anything Goes/Vintage)
* Allsorts (Anything but Christmas)
* Crafty Girls (Anything Goes)
* Delightful Challenge (You're a Gem)
* Rhed and Rosie's Challenge Blog (Use Your Old Stash) --> Everything but the image and matching DP is at least 1 year old
* Pile It On (P is for....) Punch, Pink, Portret
* Scribble & Scrap (Anything Goes)
* Creative Fingers (Anything Goes, Optional Easel)
* Avenue 613 (Anything Goes, Optional Calendar)