Challenge Wins

My Crafty Friends

Tuesday 14 March 2017

The story behind my wedding bouquet

Hi everyone,

Two more week have passed, that means another (P)inspirational Challenge is starting today! This is our inspirational picture this time around:


The flowers immediately sparked some inspiration for me, I have a paper with similar flowers that I hadn't cut into! A quick rummage through my stash confirmed it: yes, I did, let's use it and fussy-cut some of the flowers! I also mimicked the chalkboard look a little bit by using a dark background paper, although it's not quite a chalkboard 'pattern' (turns out I didn't have any 12x12 like that in my stash). I did find some 6x6 paper pad that had a pattern with chalky frames on it, so I used that. I combined a larger square picture (4x4) with two small 2x2 detail shots to support my story. 


This LO is about how we chose the flowers for my wedding bouquet; they included roses but also thistles, which is probably a bit unusual for a wedding, but since my husband is Scottish it worked really well. Overall, I am pretty happy with the LO, but I think next time I would make the frame paper angle less extreme and show off the paper more by placing it higher on the page while keeping the rest the same. Oh well, you live and learn ;)

Hope you get a little inspired by my make and play along with our challenge yourself. Our sponsor this fortnight is A Day for Daisies, check our their website using the link below!


Challenges:
* Scrap & Craft (Celebrations)
* Making Memories (Add Some Layers
* Dream Valley Challenges (Lots of Layers)
* Another Freaking Scrapbook Challenge (Use Chipboard and something old from your Stash) 31/3 Everything is relatively old, included chipboard heart
* Hiding in my Craftroom (Use up some Scraps)
I used up some Simple Stories cards from a cutapart sheet; the blue chevron card was stretched to create the illusion of a full piece of paper (that took a bit of creative cutting!) and the card with the railing was repurposed to hold the little pictures. Also used some scrap paper to emphasize the title and fill up the space between title and journaling

5 comments:

  1. A very pretty layout with lovely detailing. Thank you for joining us over at Scrap & Craft. Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous layout.
    Thanks for joining us at Making Memories Crafting Challenge.
    Hope to see you again next month.
    Janice DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layput! Thanks for sharing at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge. Eli

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful page, thank you for joining our add some layers challenge over at MMC. Hope to see you again soon.

    Crafty Hugs Sonia DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card, love the papers you have used, and a gorgeous page
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete