Challenge Wins

My Crafty Friends

Monday 8 October 2012

Thankful for You

Good morning everyone,

I am really quite late with my PCD DT card today, as our new challenge started this morning already. I had major problems making this card, I had a great idea in my mind but that never came to fruition unfortunately. The whole card really came into being because of an accident. I was going to print off the lovely Ulysses Butterfly as a whole, but my computer managed to print it too huge to fit on the page twice in a row. At first I wanted to throw the print away and start a third time, but then I thought it might also work with part of the butterfly. And actually, after cutting away all the panels in the butterfly and backing it with glitter paper, I was really quite happy with that element. Problem was, how to proceed and make a complete card out of it. To my mind, it never really came together. You be the judge:



Oh, almost forgot, our theme this week is "Be Thankful", me being thankful that I managed to squeeze out this card after all, even if it is a little late ;)

Materials:
* Create & Crafts CS
* PCD Ulysses Butterfly
* Petaloo Glitter Sheets
* Prima Sparkling Spring DP
* Vintage Page Accents
* Eline Vintage Sentiment stamp
* Ribbons, chipboard, flowers, gems & pearls from stash

Challenges:
* Art Impressions (Pink)
* Charisma Cardz (Badda Bing; Bling/Shiny)
* In the Pink (Pink Plus One): Blue
* Paperplay (Shine On)
* Sassy Studio (Think Pink)
* Come and Get It (Choose 3 ingredients from the list): I've chosen gems, ribbon and glitter
* Dream Valley (Go Pink)
* Joanna Sheen (Down in the Garden)
* Our Craft Lounge (Think Pink)
* Stampin with the Dragon (Animals)

12 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Ciska - the butterfly is awesome! Thank you for joining us at the ITP "Pink and ONE other Colour" Challenge. However, there seems to be more than One Other Colour on here!
    Best wishes - Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Sylvia-Anne, I thought there was only one extra colour, I don't know how I managed to overlook green in the DP!

      Delete
  2. I think this works really well using the part butterfly and the glitter paper
    Thank you for insisting my log

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh it looks fab to me .. i love the large sparkly butterfly
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Ciska - love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It worked really well! Gorgeous - love the glittery butterfly and the little butterfly trail.

    Ger x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Butterfly! Thanks for joining us at

    Stamping Dragon Designs.

    Angela Bonanno
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully done card love the beautiful butterfly!

    Thanks for sharing with Come And Get It Challenges, good luck!

    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, love your layout and colours, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz,, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous and LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful butterfly. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete