Challenge Wins

My Crafty Friends

Wednesday 9 November 2011

15 mins of crafting

Good morning everyone,

How have all you lovely followers and visitors been this week? I'd like to thank you all for your lovely comments over the past months and welcome my new followers at the same time :)

I haven't been crafting much this week, as we are in the process of moving house, but some of my earlier cards got picked for different challenges this week, all lovely surprises! I've won a number of digis that I will be using as soon as I have more time to craft in a leisurely fashion, instead of just managing my DT cards by the skin of my teeth while packing stuff in boxes :)

Talking about DTs, it's time for another challenge over at Friendship's Garden! If you've participated in our Autumn and Leaves Challenges, have a look at the blog to see our winner and top 3! This challenge is a little unusual, well, at least I have never come across it. We are challenging you to make a card in under 15 mins! Everybody needs a quick card or two, so a great challenge to ease yourself into making a card without stamps as the main feature :)

This is my card, I unfortunately forgot to set a timer, but it was definitely made under 15 minutes:



My trick to make this card so quickly? Two words: Card sheet. I've used a sheet that included image, DPs and embellishments, only a matter of cutting the elements out and combining them. Saves having to think about what goes well with what. Only added some blue gems and a couple of additional DPs and hey presto! Hope you can play along, we'd love to see your quick makes! Show us how quick you can be :)

Challenges:
* Catch the Bug (Anything Goes)
* Stampavie and More (Anything Goes)
* Southern Girls Challenge (Can You Hear the Music?: Our House by Madness)
* ColourQ (Colour Challenge)
* Heart Song Inspirations (Anything Goes)
* Ellephantastic Challenges (Weather-related)
* Dream Valley (Anything Goes)
* Crafty Catz Challenge (Anything Goes)
* Charisma Cardz Challenge (Cutesy)
* CES (Inspired by a Song or a Film: Our House by Madness)

15 comments:

  1. So adorable! I love how bright and cheerful this is! Thanks for joining our Heart Song Inspiration Challenge this week! Hugs, Shannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, such striking colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Catch The Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciska - you made THAT beautiful card in less than 15 minutes? WOW! I would still be impressed if you said you did it in two hours.

    Thanks for playing at Ellephantastic.

    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! That is so cute! I love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug this week!
    -Cheryl First
    Guest Designer
    Nov/Dec 2011

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Ciska...love the fabulous colours hun...

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. sometimes we all need quick cards - and i quite enjoy making them.. this is fab.. love the bright colours and the cute little house
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Ciska, and great song too! thanks for joining us at CES this week, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous card, thanks for playing along with CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never managed to make a card that quick, Ciska! Yours is amazing - love the fresh look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, wow 15 mins eh?! Thank you for joining our last challenge. Good luck x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a burst of colors! I really like your card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this......fabulous! Thanks for playing at CES this time xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how beautiful. Love the little house and trees. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to do a quick card with NO obsessing! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete